Autumn/winter ‘11 Christopher Shannon is now live on oki-ni.
For this collection, Christopher reflects on the fact that sportswear is a global phenomenon. He noted when watching documentaries that, even in the rainforest, you would see someone wearing a Nike Jacket or adidas top. This idea he blended with an eclectic range of visual inspiration, including books of Nigerian streetstyle by Pieter Hugo, to create multicultural pieces with sportswear roots and varied ethnic elements. As a result, the collection blends embroidery, tassels and pom poms to present a truly multicultural vision.
Also, as an aside, the prints used throughout the collection were done by the talented Rob Whoriskey, who we also commissioned to do illustrations for our Fallow Jeans feature a while back. Nice work Rob.
- doyoulikeheadgames likes this
- robwhoriskey reblogged this from oki-ni
- whatnaut likes this
- nomatt reblogged this from oki-ni and added:
- jthreads reblogged this from oki-ni
- fashionide likes this
- alwaystrapped reblogged this from oki-ni
- cestafford3 likes this
- thomgenius reblogged this from oki-ni
- wayne-lee reblogged this from oki-ni
- oki-ni posted this